In what type of businesses does K5 invest?
K5 invests in early stage new media companies primarily in Germany, the UK and Asia Pacific that are scalable and can be grown internationally. Main areas of focus are:
- Digital Publishing
- Social Media (with well-defined revenue streams)
- Mobile Solutions
The main attributes we look for in a prospective investment are:
- A significant market opportunity
- A defensible business model
- A product or service that fills a gap in the market
- A strong team with deep domain knowledge and experience
- International vision and ambition
What kind of investments has K5 Holdings AG made in the past?
K5 Holdings AG’s current investments all share one or more of the following investment themes:
- Digital publishing (music, books) and distribution
- Online marketing of published content
- Crowd funding (e.g. music recordings)
- (Mobile) Location based services
If you believe your business would fit well with K5’s portfolio and investment focus, we would love to hear from you.
What differentiates K5?
K5 closes the funding gap between early stage business angels and later stage venture capitalists, providing growth capital for early stage companies at a crucial phase of their development.
As an early stage investor K5 is prepared to take financial risk whilst providing the funding needed to support ambitious and talented entrepreneurs in their ventures.
K5 VENTURES has the expertise, experience and network to actively support managers in professionalizing their businesses and acting as a sparring partner to creatively master entrepreneurial challenges.
What amount of growth capital does K5 provide?
K5 will invest anything between EUR 50,000 and EUR 1,000,000, thus closing the gap between initial business angel / friends and family funding and subsequent financing by the typical Venture Capital firm. Critically, we will continue to support our successful portfolio companies though to break-even.
What else do we offer?
As a team of entrepreneurs and experienced business managers we will apply our collective operational expertise to assist managers in the successful growth and professionalization of our portfolio companies.
K5 VENTURES offers management support with:
- Formulating product development strategies
- Introducing sound and professional operating policies
- Developing sales and marketing strategies
- Making introductions to key customers and partners
- Establishing financial and budgeting processes
- Developing and strengthening management teams
- Assisting with key recruitments across all disciplines
- Advising on employee equity based incentives
- Working with companies on successful exit strategies
Submit an investment proposal
We’re always keen to understand and discuss innovative business ideas. Learn more about the investment criteria of K5 in the following section before you submit your proposal.
Please complete your submission by attaching a proposal / business plan that covers the following questions:
- Who are the people behind your business and what experience do they have?
- What gap in your addressable market are you closing and how will you make a difference?
- What is the market potential?
- Who are your competitors?
- Why is your business model defensible? Is there any defensible intellectual property in your product or service?
- How will your business make money? Elaborate on potential customers and market research.
- How much capital investment are you looking for? Profit and loss and cash flow projections.
- Describe the progress you have made so far.